Menu
star
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on Starting up screen

My Tivo box has been stuck on the Starting Up screen for a day now and seems to be in a constant loop of trying to start up.

I know there are problems in my area with the TV service so could this be causing the problem.

pammie67
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on Starting up screen

yes,me too

0 Kudos
star
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How are you supposed to get help for this, have tried ringing and have been on hold for 2 hours and gave up, tried using the message system on the virgin media app, got through to someone first time after waiting over an hour who did some checks and then said they would send a signal that would take three hours to work, in which time I had to go to work and when I returned it was still the same problem.

Tried again this morning before going to work on app and actually got connected 4 hours later when I was at work, which wasn't much use as agent said to contact them when was in front of equipment, so tried again when got home and have now been waiting for 3 hours to actually speak to someone and help closes at 11pm and still have only had the automated message to get my details and then says we are busy but will get to you as soon as possible.

For some reason I have the green light under the standby button and a red light under the 4th record slot.

0 Kudos
Stagaz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

same problem for me . "no signal" sign. run the tests and no joy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Star, 

Sorry to hear about the issues with your TiVo box 

Has the box come back on now for you?

If not you may want to try this handy trick, but you will lose all recording. On the front of the box press. TV - Down arrow - and Record Button at same time and press the power switch on and off at the back 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
pammie67
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

this does nothing as ive just tried it.its on my calendar now for 30 days cancellation notice.lots of my friends are lesving too.

0 Kudos
star
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That wouldn't have helped as it was the hard drive that had failed in the box, so got a replacement box.

Which I kind of knew as it was making the same sort of noise as when one of my external drives failed and was not showing the clock on the startup screen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply star

Great to hear you have had a replacement box 

Can we help with anything else at all?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
star
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not unless you can stop upgrades trying to offer me an upgrade that is the same thing for £6.76 more because I am on full house and they are changing to maxit tv which is the same thing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey star

I can remove you from any outbound marketing calls if you would like me to do that 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos