Menu
mdy-vm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box restarts endlessly "DVR has detected a serious problem.."

As the heading says.. our Tivo box starts up and shortly after the Starting Up message, goes to a green screen reading "The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it"

It stays on that screen for a few seconds before restarting, getting to that same point again and then restarting.. it has been left for way longer than the 3 hours suggested (I don't think it's even getting as far as attempting to fix anything..) and it still just starts up flashes up the message and restarts again. 

Tried the support site and ran a test on the box and it came back saying it appeared ok, even though it was mid (another) reboot??

Was on hold on the phone for well over an hour right after getting home from work, before being disconnected (it appears the lines close earlier now due to Covid) the online help doesn't cover anything like this situation and advises you to call.. How on earth can you get support if you can't call during the day and there's no other way to report it..?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box restarts endlessly "DVR has detected a serious problem.."

A virgin rep will get to you via your post after a day or two, don't mark anything as a helpful answer or they will think that the problem is solved

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Mdy-vm.

Can we please confirm if you're still having some issues with the Tivo boxes? 

Have you been able to resit all the cables going from the box to the Hub and the TV? 

Let us know how this goes. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
mdy-vm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Resolved after an engineer visit. V6 box was at fault, replacement working fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos