Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box reset M58

Eventually fitted a wifi booster to upstairs Tivo box. All now seems ok on internet front but now we have a new error code M58 as not used box for over 30 days. Hubby has been hanging on phone to Virgin for simply ages, is there a way of getting our box reset online? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box reset M58

Hi NMurphy,

Sorry to see you are having problems getting through to reactivate your TIVO.

There are two different numbers you can try.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to reactivate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and reactivation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, hubby eventually got through to virgin and seems we need a new Tivo box which is now winging its way over to us. Xx

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again NMurphy,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to see the re-activation process didn't work and VM are having to send out a replacement TIVO.

When it arrives you might need to leave the box around  30 minutes for it to link into VM systems because VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes. Sometimes this fails and the advice then is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Keep a note of the numbers in my other post in case that fails.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It all got more complicated as setting new replacement box up in bedroom then took the kitchen one offline code 7400. Cue another long wait on phone to virgin (well over an hour) then nearly 2 hours on phone with an extremely helpful man (sadly a rarity but thank goodness). Eventually it all got sorted, turns out we had some some weird techie issue. We are now back to using the original "faulty" box in bedroom and that and the others in the house are working as they should no wifi boosters needed either! I'm keeping everything crossed it stays this way now lol. Thanks for taking time to help. x

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update - it's nice to hear a good news outcome!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again NMurphy,

Thanks for the update.

What a carry on.  Thanks goodness it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave