Menu
Chaldon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box reboots when switched on

I've just spent 45 mins on Virgin's website trying to find a way to contact Virgin, other than calling, to report a problem with my Tivo box. When its switched on from standby it reboots itself. After around 5 mins it starts up and works OK. The website is useless and is geared up to send you in circles. It appears that they use this Forum for customers to get answers. What poor Customer Services. Does anyone know a way of reporting a fault without ringing?

Perhaps I need to return to Sky!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box reboots when switched on

VM don't have any online fault reporting, although staff do respond to posts on here if you're willing to wait a couple of days.

Not that it should make any difference or cause the box to reboot, but what're your power saving options?

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chaldon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it was on ECO mode, which it has always been set as. I have changed to Low Power mode to see if that makes any difference. Tried calling 150 but when through an automotive system then got thrown out. Shame Virgin are not as helpful as the Community.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Chaldon wrote:
Thanks, it was on ECO mode, which it has always been set as. I have changed to Low Power mode to see if that makes any difference. Tried calling 150 but when through an automotive system then got thrown out.

I have doubts, but it's something to eliminate. On the bold bit, if you get hung up on, redial immediately and you should get put into the queue if you press as few button selections as possible (Choose "I have a fault" and then ignore everything else)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chaldon

Thanks for posting.

Were you able to try Low Power Mode?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos