cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box rebooting

Hale
Tuning in

Hello

For the last few weeks my Tivo box keeps rebooting, it did happen late at night to start with, but now its happening whilst we are viewing (last night with 2 mins left of the last episode of a series so very very annoying). The box is very old, tried ringing virgin but constantly on hold.

any advice anyone?

Thanks

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No TV box should be rebooting that often, that sounds faulty. You can either call in to report it (150 from VM or 0345 4541111 from any other phone), or wait here where forum staff should pickup in a couple of days.

For TiVo/V6, go through all your SL and make a note of them. If you can find a single episode of each programme somewhere in the guide or OnDemand, you can create a new SL off the back of that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Hale
Tuning in

are you able to set a series link when a series isnt on?

Looks like I will need a new box soon as my tivo is on its way out and I am so sad to be losing my recordings but mainly all my series links.

haley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No TV box should be rebooting that often, that sounds faulty. You can either call in to report it (150 from VM or 0345 4541111 from any other phone), or wait here where forum staff should pickup in a couple of days.

For TiVo/V6, go through all your SL and make a note of them. If you can find a single episode of each programme somewhere in the guide or OnDemand, you can create a new SL off the back of that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I tried ringing virgin fault line again but permanently on hold. So hoping to get some help from virgin through the forums. 
H

Hi there @Hale 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue with your set top box, and that you have been unable to speak to us via the phone. 

I have taken a look into the account and I can see that there does appear to be a few issues with the box and a replacement will be needed. 

I will pop you a PM now to arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.