Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box problem

I have been having problems with my Tivo box for a couple of months , when I am watching a program the picture gets distorted and pixalated making a lot of programs unwatchable. It is impossible to get through on the phone , when I did get through ,they text me 2 days later saying problem fixed but it is not . I need anot engineer out to sort out the problem , I think it needs a new box , can anyone help , getting nowhere on the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box problem

Thanks for your post im1959, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see this hasn't been picked up sooner and that of course, you've been having issue with the set top box.

I can see that you've since been able to speak to our team via the call centre, has this call resolved the issue or is this still on going?

Do feel free to let us know if you still seek assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have spoke to the call centre on Thurs 17/09/2020 but the problem is still there , a lot of pixellations while watching TV  on quite a few channels also while watching recorded programmes . I have tried switching cables around and taking out the white cable from the back of the box and putting it back in as instructed by the call centre and they ran tests , it seemed okay for a while but it's back again . I will need an engineer out to sort out the problem .

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi you certainly do as pixalation is a signal level issue which if all the cables are tight and probably connected, ten an engineer is required to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky  ,  When I do get through on the phone , all they want to do is run tests , they don't want to listen when you say you want an engineer , they keep saying they can fix the fault over the phone . Been a customer of VM for a long time , it seems the longer you are a customer , the less they want to listen to you , it seems they are only interested in new customers or if you want to upgrade .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quite often, the automated system can identify that there is a fault and try some remote diagnostics and/or remedies, and that then stops the IVR from putting you in the call queue. If you hang up and redial about 10minutes later, and follow whatever prompts you're given for "that's not worked", you should be put in the queue for a faults agent.

As Micky has mentioned, pixellation & picture breakup is how digital TV handles poor signal. In VM's cable system, poor signal means a fault somewhere. Until that fault is rectified, the symptoms will remain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Done all that when speaking to the person in the call centre , he insists the problem is not the box but it has to be the box or the cable coming into the house , either way I need an engineer out to fix the problem before I lose my mind , I am paying good money for a service that I can hardly watch . If it is not fixed soon I will go to another provider .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem could be in the box, or it could be in the street cabling - VM are best placed to check that.

As long as the faults agent books an engineer visit, then that's what you need in order to get it fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Been trying all day to get through to them , you may see a new satellite  in the sky tomorrow night when I launch the box into space .

0 Kudos