Menu
palmyra08
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box (pre-v6) update - doesn't wake up any more, cycling through LEDs, no output signal

My Tivo box (pre-V6 version,the wider  flat box)  has decided to a "digital service update". 

After it completed the 3 stages, rebooted, but since then it's been just cycling through some LED combinations, and TV says no output.

Power cycled it twice after 10+ minutes, same result.

I have been trying to ring 150 but it's been so far impossible to get through.

Any ideas or has it happened to others? Many thanks - perfect timing just before VM raises prices again...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box (pre-v6) update - doesn't wake up any more, cycling through LEDs, no output signal

You won't like the answer, but I'll say it anyway...

Keep onto 150. Forum staff do sometimes respond on here, but calling into 150 is often the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

palmyra08
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box (pre-v6) update - doesn't wake up any more, cycling through LEDs, no output signal

thanks eventually got through, of course they could not see any problem (bizarre, as some years ago they could remotely read off even signal levels and system settings remotely - and now this box after its firmware update crapped itself). 

So another box in the post, but jury is out on whether this is the end of the surprise saga. It was funny to have it mentioned by staff that "your box is old version"... Really? Well, after being a customer for 20 years, I am very used to be left on 1-2 generations too old stuff until they expire r become unsupported (like last time... they updated my box in the last minute, saying they no longer support it..).

So maybe my VM tech museum gets larger soon...

0 Kudos