Menu
Sally22
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box not working

My Tivo box has been playing up and has gone off for long periods of time over the past week. I phoned again yesterday as at that point it had been 6 hours. I was told that it would be fixed. BUT 24 hours later it still isn’t fixed. This is really poor service. I am a nurse working very long hours and I need my TV so that I can switch off after an exhausting day at work. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box not working

Can you just explain what you mean by "playing up and has gone off"?

Is anything reported on the local status checker? 0800 5610061 reports known issues down to street/postcode level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sally22
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have done everything they have told me to do.  For the last 12 hours it is has gone round in a little circle of welcome, starting up, problems detected can take upto 3 hours to fix, an arrow that fills up into a box and then the circle starts again. I have phoned 150 again, got an automated message to say an engineer had been booked to come. I have not been told of this and have no idea of when they are coming. I will probably be back at work when they turn up. Any idea on how I find out when they are coming ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you've got the "DVR has detected an error" green screen, that means your hard drive has failed and your box needs replacing.

You can check for engineer appointments by logging into your "My Virgin Media" online account, and selecting "my appointments".

If nothing's shown there, please post back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Sally22

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your Tivo box over the last week.

I have been able to look into your account and can see that there is a congestion issue in your area that has been logged under reference F008756216  and has an estimated date and fix time of 26th Feb @ 1pm.

Are you having no service at all? The issues would cause issues with your services but still should be working but slower than usual. Please could you try a reboot of your box to see if this will help at all.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Sally22
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

I have rebooted it so many times. It has been 24hours now and still the welcome, can take up to 3 hours etc. I have been on the phone to virgin for over an hour and get told it will be resolved within the next 4 days. This isn’t good enough. I know others in my area who aren’t having these problems. I am a nurse and need to relax after a very tough long weekend looking after very poorly patients. Instead my 2 days off are spent phoning virgin. When I rang 150 it said that an engineer had been booked to come to my home. No date or time was given. When I eventually got through to someone they said no one was coming to my house and engineers are in the area. Can someone please send me a replacement box. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Sally and I appreciate how stressful this can be but unfortunately the local area fault is causing these issues and we cannot send a new box out or send a technician until the area fault has been resolved.

I can see two faults registered on your account but nothing has been booked to send a technician out to you, the team may have meant that the network engineers were looking into the area fault but they wouldn't make any house calls.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Sally22 

Can you confirm (just to save confusion/doubt) whether you have/had the "DVR has detected an error" green screen? It's not 100% clear from the previous posts, sorry to ask...

0 Kudos
Sally22
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Borrowed a V6 box off a friend and that boots up fine giving us terrestrial tv, all be it with an error code banner across it. Proving the old box was at fault.

I don’t suppose there is anyway to get this spare box to fully work is there? Would be quicker than sending a new one out. It stalls at loading info when i try and connect to the network. Or even getting rid of the error banner so we can at least watch some TV.

0 Kudos
Sally22
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes green screen 

0 Kudos