Menu
debsallen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box. no status. checked cables all correct and in place. 7 years old. Reported by TM week ago.

checked cables all correct and in place.  Tivo checked and confirmed is offline.   7 years old. Reported by TM week ago.  Please can a replacement be sent.  Thank you

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box. no status. checked cables all correct and in place. 7 years old. Reported by TM week ago.

Hi debs,

Sorry to ask, but what do you mean by "reported by TM"? I'm guessing you mean the text message service?

If that was a week ago, I'd assume that's gone missing somehow. I'm not overly sure the text service is intended for fault or loss-of-service reporting, personally - but still.

If you're off-service, I would suggest calling TV Faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111), following the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" - it'll almost certainly be the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

debsallen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box. no status. checked cables all correct and in place. 7 years old. Reported by TM week ago.

Hi Japitts  -  Thanks so much for your help.    Yes, sorry I did mean text message.    I had reported the fault on 150 from landline.  It was confirmed after their check that my service was offline.   I rang the number you supplied and luckily I had my password and was in a queue for 35 minutes.  I explained to the call centre operator that my Tivo box was not working after many checks.   I was told I would receive a new Tivo box within 2 working days.  Once again, thank you very much for responding to my message.   I shall now wait to see if I am sent a new box or I shall be posting again on this forum.  

0 Kudos
debsallen
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you again japitt.   I received the Tivo box by courier in 2 working days.     The new box did not come with a new smart card.  I have waited a week and a new card not received in the post as I had thought.  Do I use the old card from the faulty Tivo box?   I am going to try installing the new box today and will use the old smart card to see.  I had read online that a new card comes by post with an activation code but the process may have changed. 

If anyone can help please post, thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM has used card-less authentication for many years now, so your smartcard is redundant.

If you encounter any 7400 (activation) errors with your replacement box, you may need to call VM to activate it. The automated service on 0800 9539500 can usually do this for you, but best to have your box & account details handy incase there's a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks