Menu
Bob1888
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box loses sound

Hi, can anyone help when i turn the channel over on my tivo box, i sometimes lose sound on it i have to keep changing channels till the sound comes back or switch it off and on. I checked my cables they are o.k.

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box loses sound

Hi there @Bob1888

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post; so sorry that you're having issues with the sound currently. 

Now - this may sound daft but have you tried replacing the batteries in you remote control for brand new ones recently? When batteries on our remotes get sluggish, they can do odd things to the volume and also channel changing; it's like a warning that they may die completely soon. 

If that doesn't work, can you let us know how you are changing channels? Do you type in a number or do you use the up and down channel buttons? Or are you selecting from the TV Guide or Mini Guide? 

Does the same thing happen when changing channels using the TV Remote app via a mobile device? 

Pop back when you can - if you're still having issues, we'll get a new remote sent out first and go from there.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bob1888
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  the remote control is o.k, i think the problem is the tivo-box.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bob1888,

Can you please confirm how you are changing the channels? Is is by channeling up and down or by typing in the channel number or using the TV guide?

I'd recommend trying this too for me - head to HOME > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital > Then select dolby digital to PCM. Then please test changing the channels again to see if that resolves it.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Bob1888
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

• Hi it happens when i change it with the channel button up and down, i have also changed the settings like you said so i will have to wait to see if it helps as it doesn't lose the sound all the time.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ahh okay. Thanks for changing the settings Bob1888, let me know how things go from here and if it occurs again.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Bob1888
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi after changing settings tivo box still loses sound.

0 Kudos
woodhousetim63
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes same here bob tried it all - remote - settings etc - now its happening quite a lot 

0 Kudos
Bob1888
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am just going to phone up now, why should i pay for a faulty box.

0 Kudos
woodhousetim63
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes bob did that late yesterday new box on the way by post  

0 Kudos