cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box keeps switching off

Rammie510
Joining in

Out virgin tivo box keeps switching it self off. All the lights come on and then it eventually comes back on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rammie510,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you set top box is turning itself off.

I have had a look our end and it does look like your box will need replacing, so I can arrange this I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Kind regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It won't matter much to the end result, but... you've posted in the 360 board but have referred to a TiVo. They're completely different boxes, so can you confirm which you have? If you're not sure, check here . If forum staff pick this thread up, it'll certainly help to be sure.

Regardless of the answer, a box that's rebooting itself is faulty - it shouldn't be happening. You can report box faults by calling VM on the usual number (150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone), or by waiting on here for VM staff to pick it up.

The latter may take a day or so, and it will certainly help if you can confirm the box you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Our box is just a normal Tivo box and it just keeps switching itself off, it as been doing it a while now. I have tried contacting virgin by phone but it is a waist of time as you can`t get through and even on chat it takes ages for someone to acknowledge you. When it switches off all the lights flash and it takes ages for it to come back on

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No prob re the box type, I've moved your post to the TiVo board.

It sounds like a faulty box to me - what're the problems you're having with the phone lines? Is it wait times, problems with the automated systems or something else?

VM staff work through posts and respond on here, but it may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will wait for someone to reply to me on here as the wait times on the phones are terrible and thank you

Hi Rammie510,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you set top box is turning itself off.

I have had a look our end and it does look like your box will need replacing, so I can arrange this I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Kind regards

Paul.