Menu
MrsEMH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps rebooting

My tivo box keeps rebooting. I tried to resolve this on a chat but after being transferred twice and 3 hours later i gave up. Going into my account didn't help either as there is no option for my problem. I think i need a new box. Is there a moderator from Virgin on here  who can help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps rebooting

Hi MrsEMH, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear that you've been having this issue. Can I ask how long you have been having it for and if this is still present at the moment? If so, you could look at this helpful link; here. We wouldn't jump straight to replacing the box, we would make sure diagnostics are done first 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
MrsEMH
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It has been happening for about a month now at least once a day. It can work fine for hours then suddenly starts rebooting and takes a while to do this as it doesn't come in straight away. I have tried switching off and the wall etc but the issue is it works ok for a time but you never know when it's do it's on reboot which is annoying when you are in the middle of watching something. When i was online chat they wanted me to pay £65 to get 2 boxes replaced (I have a tivo box upstairs) but I didn't think I should have to pay when the box was faulty. She transferred me to someone else who transferred me to someone else and after about 3 and a half hours I had to go out so gave up on waiting.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know the above 🙂 

I will send you a private message so that I can take a look. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos