Menu
bigtel1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps freezing on playback

Our Tivo 1TB has begun pausing and freezing during playback, both sound and picture. Usually it will restart playing after a few seconds or minutes without doing anything. Also this is accompanied by pixelated picture.

I have tried rebooting and power cycling the box but it doesn't help at all.

The box is quite old and I wonder if the hard drive is on the way out. How do I order a replacement?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps freezing on playback

Firstly check that it's not being caused by your live TV signals having issues - if live viewing (and OnDemand) is fine but all recorded programmes are affected, then it's quite likely to be the HDD as you suspect.

Reporting it is exactly the same as any other service fault. You can call VM on 150 (from a Virgin phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options, or wait on here for a couple of days for the staff team to pick the post up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps freezing on playback

Hi @bigtel1966,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your TiVo box.

How are things looking for you at the moment? Are you still having problems? Have you been able to check that the issue isn't with your live TV signal, as kindly suggested by @japitts?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos