Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box keeps freezing on netflix

Tivo box keeps freezing on netflix.

It can happen multiple times when thing to watch one film.

I have rebooted the box many times.  It made no difference.

I have true to call customer services.

No reply there..just hanging on the line for over an hour.

Talked fo an engineer and ge stated the Tivo box has that az s common problem and there is no fix. Only yhing is tk change to a v6 box.

I must say i am very dissapointed with the service level from virgin.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box keeps freezing on netflix

You can check whether your problem is caused by an underlying loss of internet connectivity - check the front-left of the box for any flashing green lights (second from left is your "online" status). That would be a service fault.

Otherwise... if you've got Virgin broadband, you would certainly do well to consider a V6 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I knew that. I have virgin broadband.

Internet connectivity is good.

But I  can never get hold of customer support.

As I  said.. hanging on the phone for an hour etc. with no answer.

Yes..I need a v6 box but how to get one if virgin do not reply?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Laurentius wrote:

I knew that. I have virgin broadband.

[snip]

Yes..I need a v6 box but how to get one if virgin do not reply?

Excellent, there's probably 2 ways you could do this... (C/S queues not withstanding)

1: Get your TiVo diagnosed as faulty, and then ask very nicely if you can have a V6 instead. The agent may say yes, they may so no - but you don't lose 'owt by asking. Equally if you get an engineer visit (lockdown not withstanding), ask the engineer nicely and the same theory applies.

2: If you've had your current package for a while, it may not be the most cost-effective any more. Have a play with https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle for your chosen combination and get a ball-park price for your package. The page will give you a "new customer" price (which you won't get as you're not a new customer) but it'll give you a vague target. Try to negotiate a new bundle (to include a V6) in exchange for a 12/18month new term.

Both options will, I'm afraid, require a call to C/S and a patient wait for an agent. There's no way around that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos