Menu
Vickywow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box - keep having to reboot due to C130 in addition to other issues

So for the past few months I've been getting the C130 message so I've been rebooting once a week, at the same time the light under the heart symbol keeps flashing. The recorded programmes are frequently pixelated. In the winter I put this down to the weather but now spring has arrived I can't say that. Last night was the worst ever. The TV froze whilst I was watching a recorded programme. After trying repeatedly to get it to work by pressing buttons, I rebooted. This time I got a bright green screen stating 'The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it. This will take about 3 hours. PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART DVR. If you have a plasma TV or are concerned about image burn-in, you should turn off your TV for the next three hours. If, after 3 hours the DVR does not restart please call customer services'

I went to bed and when I got up its all back to usual. I'm a bit fed up now as the internet went down on Easter Monday and didn't came back properly until the Wednesday and now the box is playing up. The box is around 5 years old. Has it reached the end of it's life?

I am paying almost £60 a month for this and it's not good. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box - keep having to reboot due to C130 in addition to other issues

Hello,

It seems like your box has reached the end of it's life, when you get the DVR Green Screen commonly boxes tend not to recover from that. You will need to get a replacement box, have you called in about the issue at all?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
Vickywow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No, I haven't bothered. When I was having issues with wifi over Easter I tried calling every day for 3 days and after being on hold for 30 minutes the phone would just cut off. Eventually the problem was solved by someone on here. So I haven't got the time to hang on for 30 minutes at a time just to be cut off again. (Obviously I do understand the situation and the fact that many call centres are closed just bad timing I guess). 

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is a bit of unprecedented times at the moment!

If you send me a private message on here with your Account Number & Area Ref number I will look into this and see what I can do! To send me a PM hover over my profile and click Send Message

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos