Menu
wiolak2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box issue - no images no sound but channel menu is working

Hello,

I have unexplained issue with my TiVo box. I can see and operate all channels in menu, I can also see time running for shows and change the channels but no images appear and there is no sound. I already follow all the fixing steps advice on virgin media webpage and advice on my virgin media account but nothing help. I have no issue with connection and cables are connected correct, I can not see anything wrong, please support. I attached the photos of what I can see all the time, it does no matter if I change channel and click on that channel, all channels same issue, everything is like that all the time no images.tv 1.PNGtv 2.PNG

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box issue - no images no sound but channel menu is working

This occurs when the TV is not sending a handshake to the tivo, you can try powering off the TV, unplugging the hdmi lead and try a different port, or powering down the tivo, one of these may work

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wiolak2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately that did not help. I am almost sure there is a problem with the signal from virgin media. I tried to connect TiVo to 3 different TVs and I changed the HDMI cable, I tried different ports, same issue, nothing helped.😭😭 I want my channels back.

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Could you try changing the resolution from your box? To do this go into Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output. Should be an option to change the output format, try selecting 720p/1080p with no other options enabled.

Hops this helps!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos