Menu
ASmith3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box is deleting / losing recordings

Over the last week or so, I've noticed that a few programmes that I've recorded have disappeared. Two of them were recorded a few weeks ago, they were visible in my recording list, until the other day they were gone. One or two others have gone too, but they were older recordings so I can't be positive. Perhaps related, I set a programme to record this evening, went to view it, and it's not there. I'm not senile (yet), it was set to record.

Is this a bug that is known about, recordings being lost/deleted? Or is my Tivo box on the out? There is plenty of space on the box, it's not more than 20% full.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box is deleting / losing recordings

Assuming they were recordings, are they in your "recently deleted recordings" folder at the bottom of "my shows"?

The other possibility, were they bookmarks to On-Demand programmes rather than recordings... in which case they should be listed under "Not currently available", again at the bottom of "my shows"

ASmith3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No, they're not in the recently deleted folder, I checked that. They weren't on demand programmes, just recordings from regular channels.

They've gone poof, disappeared.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ASmith3, 

Thank you for your post. 

One off recordings such as an individual programme not on a series link or a film are only stored for a certain amount of time before being automatically deleted. To stop this happening, you can go onto the recording and select 'keep until' and you can select how long this is stored for. 

For series links, a similar thing happens, however this is dependant on how many episodes you have recorded. To stop the episodes being automatically deleted, you can go into 'modify series link' and change the 'keep at most' option. 

If your recordings are automatically deleted, unfortunately, there is no way to recover these I'm afraid. However, if you delete something by mistake, there is a 'recently deleted' folder and you would be able to recover the recording from there.

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos