Menu
Angelab74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box freezing

Looking for some advice please. 

The picture quality on all channels is very poor, all channels pixalate to the point of being unwatchable. 

I called 150 and gave had the tivo box replaced. This has made no difference.

I have replaced the hdmi lead, and checked all the virgin media connections to ensure they are tight and secure. There is apparently no known network issue in my area, so rather stumped as to what to do next. 

The Tivo box has been reset, and is left on standby overnight. There are no pixellation issues with Netflix or Amazon prime, so my TV being the issue can be ruled out. 

I am unable to get through to the faults team to progress. 

Thank in advance for any help or other suggestions offered. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box freezing

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of signal issues - if VM have previously replaced your TiVo, then it's entirely possible there's another fault somewhere between your box and the streetcab. That part of the network is unique to your installation and probably isn't affecting any other customer.

OnDemand & streaming apps use the internet connection rather than the TV signals, so would be unaffected by signal issues.

When you say you're unable to get through to the faults team, what do you mean? Are you having problems with the automated system, or is it something else? Staff do respond on these boards, but - especially at the weekend - it may take a couple of days to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Angelab74
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, thought it might be a cab to home issue. Was waiting in Q for quite some time trying to get thru to the virgin media team to help. My patience just wore a bit thin. But I'll try again tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angelab74,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had some problems with your TiVo box.

Have you been able to get in touch with our technical support team? Please let us know if you still need help with this issue, I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Angelab74
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Laurie C

I haven't as yet found the time to call in the fault. Yes, Tivo picture still freezing on all channels. Any help you can offer would be greatfully received.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angelab74,

Of course, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angelab74,

Thanks for replying to me. I've organised an engineer appointment for you so that we can get this issue sorted. You can find the details of this appointment on your MyVM page.

Please let us know how the appointment goes, and if you need any more help with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos