Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box fault

My tv picture is throwing up pixellated boxes. Only happens via the Tivo box, not via freeview or Amazon. Tried to make contact via the phone number and the website didnt help. Ive tried the suggested fixes, no luck. Messaged on twitter, facebook and via the sms number, no response so far. If anyone has any idea about how I can actually reach a human who can help, I’d be grateful. Next step will be an old fashioned letter as Im otherwise all out of ideas. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box fault

Pixellation is the result of poor TV signal, which is often the result of a fault. Any streaming app on your TV box is carried over the internet and so wouldn't be affected by this. And Freeview is a different platform to Virgin, it uses terrestrial transmitters & aerials, whereas Virgin is a cable-based platform.

You can try calling 0800 5610061 to see if it's a reported area fault, otherwise you will need to report it yourself. At this stage, you have 3 options for contacting Virgin..

1: Use the text message service (07533 051809) this can take a few days.

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, currently around a week.

3: Call TV Faults and be patient & persistent. Perhaps try calling earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jappitts. Thats a start. Daft question perhaps, but how do you call TV faults without just being redirected back to the website where I started? Am I missing something obvious here? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The automated system here (both online and on the IVR) can be a blessing and a curse.

Sometimes, the remote checks can identify faults sufficient to bypass the necessity for a faults agent, and book an engineer visit automatically.

Often, it can try to remedy a problem and refuse to put you through to an agent until you then redial to say it's not worked, and then queue.

Which applies to you, can depend on the nature of your fault. Beyond that, I'm sorry to say that plenty of patience, persistence & forbearance is the order of the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
0 Kudos