Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box crashing

I have two tivo boxes manufactured 2012 and 2014. When I try to watch netflix or iplayer on the tv's, they load and play fine, but crash within 10 mins. I can watch both services on tablet and laptop without a problem, so I presume the issue is with the tivo boxes. Is upgrading bxes and hub the only asnwer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box crashing

Hi Sossie,

The older TIVO's struggle to play apps such as netflix and iplayer.  You would be better upgrading to a V6 box which also has Amazon Prime and some extra catchup apps. You do need VM broadband to use the V6. The hub2 is perfectly capable of working with the V6, although you might be able to get a free upgrade to the hub3.

It might be worth your while speaking to either retentions or regrades to negotiate a new deal and box swaps.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or around teatime.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, thought so, but as you say, getting hold of them at the moment!! I might try text option though,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's worth making sure, many "online crashing" issues with the older TiVo boxes are caused by the internal modem failing which green flashing lights on the front-left are a glaring clue to... but that would still (more often than not) mean a box replacement.

And if you're going down that road.... I totally agree that a V6 swapout is the way to go. The two boxes are night & day apart, performance wise. Just be aware, the V6 doesn't have its own internet connection and relies on your homehub. Ethernet is best, WiFi will work but weak wireless signals can cause issues with streaming apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much, helpful to know. Fortunately the hub is right next to the main tv and wireless signal to second tv is good. Just got to get hold of them now....

0 Kudos