Menu
reuben290
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box changing channel when trying to frame-skip backwards?

This has happened quite a few times (although doesn't happen ALL the time for some reason)!

But for some strange reason, every now and then, when I try to frame-skip backwards (by pausing and pressing rewind a few times), the Tivo box decides to change the channel completely! I think it may change to the last channel I previously watched... I don't know why it does this! I suppose I could just rewind normally instead (I don't think it does it then), but I find frame-skipping to a previous point is easier to get to where I want to be... to tell you the truth I don't mind when I am watching something taped, it's just a minor inconvenience... but THIS has happened before when I am watching a LIVE event that is significantly delayed due to being paused... for example I was watching a live boxing event that I had paid for a few weeks ago, and I was almost a full hour behind due to having left it on pause, and it changed the channel completely when I skipped backwards a few times... honestly my heart sunk! Because when watching a pay-per-view event, you can't tape it, and like live TV that has been delayed, you can't go back to the last part you were watching (be great if you could do this by the way!) so I missed almost a full hour of the boxing! I want to know, is this a fault with my Tivo or is it supposed to do this for some reason? And is there any way to prevent it apart from just not frame-skipping backwards... I guess when I want to rewind I could just use normal rewind instead... although sometimes it is more done out of habit more than anything and I don't even know I'm doing it (I have OCD!)

If anyone has any solutions or reasons why it does this, please let me know! Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box changing channel when trying to frame-skip backwards?

Hi reuben290,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your query. I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing issues using your remote, I certainly wouldn't expect this to happen.

Have you checked the batteries in your remote recently? It may be worth popping some new batteries in, as this kind of problem can occur when they're running a little low. Please also ensure that your batteries are the right way round.

If your batteries are new and have the correct polarity, it's likely that you have a faulty remote. This would require a free replacement, although I'm afraid that this is a service we don't offer via these forums. In order to request a new remote, please give our tech team a call on 151 / 03454541111, or our webchat team are available Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm by following this link.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos