Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box broken

I joined Virgin in the hope they were better than Sky. My tivo 6 new box (less than 6 months old) does not work - the amber / white light flashing permanently), I have tried all the rebooting and there is no fault issue. I have swapped it with my other 2 boxes but it is broken. I have tried calling virgin many times but repeatedly get cut off (today after 36 minutes on hold). I never get the service text promised after going through the fault routine. I have tried the text chat but no answer. I am utterly fed up - how do I get to talk to someone to get a new box? I really didn't think Virgin could be so much worse that Sky. I wish I hadn't moved - at least Sky got you to a human quickly.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box broken

HI JCBN3, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed response. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? Does the box not boot up at all? Please let us know and we will be able to look into this for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

After hours of calls I have finally got a replacement box - sadly it is a big one and not the small TiVo box I paid for - however I can’t face trying to get through to a human to resolve that.  Hugely disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM boxes aren't "paid for" as much as supplied, but that said... are you saying that you had V6 boxes deemed as faulty, which have been replaced with TiVo?

Was this an engineer swapout or a "Quick Start" postal replacement?

The two models are shown here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello - yes this is exactly what happened. I has the small 6 box and someone dropped off the big one on the left. I understand the point re 'paid for' but when I signed up in the summer and paid for 3 boxes / all the channels I was promised the 6 box. As you can imagine, getting the bigger 'old' box isn't what I wanted but I don't know how to get it changed for what I had.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There's something a bit fishy here.. (in terms of process)...

One box not being supplied, ok fine - that's one thing. But what's meant to happen with your second box - have you been left with any follow-up? Any contact details? That's the bit that I'm struggling with....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - I am not being clear. Received 3 boxes when the installers came in June. All fine until one stopped working and failed all of the reset options. Eventually after a lot of effort someone dropped a replacement box which is not a 6 small box. it his the larger one you sent the picture of.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Strange, very strange. I've raised this with the VM forum staff to take a look at. Just wanted to be sure of some of the background & circumstances before I escalated it 🙂

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. I have also returned the faulty 6 box as requested.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @JCBN3

Welcome to our Community - we are sorry about any mix up here. I have located your account for you and have arranged for a replacement V6 box to be sent to replace the TiVo you were sent. This should be with you in the next couple of days. 

Please keep us posted with the delivery and if you need any more assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos