Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box broken

Hi 

My Tivo Box has completely stopped working - please can you send me a replacement?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Broken

My Tivo Box has completely broken - its quite old - please can you send me a new one before I go crazy without television?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box broken

@nigel_t 

You can report service faults by calling 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault"

Virgin staff are currently taking around a week to respond on here, I've also merged your duplicate posts, no need to post twice with the same issue 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - but I have tried that and it sends me round in a never ending circle and then just cuts out - hence I am writing on here out of complete desperation as it is impossible to actually talk or interactive with anyone from Virgin.     At the moment I am paying a lot of money each month for a service I am not being provided which could be easily fixed by sending me a replacement box!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can also try using the text message service - 07533 051809, turnaround is a couple of days.

Otherwise, just keep persisting with the phone lines. Getting into the call queue shouldn't be a problem, but you may just need to be patient once you're waiting...

Perhaps try earlier in the day too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi nigel_t,

You can also sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box.

By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. This sometimes results in a replacement box being send out or an engineer booking. It may also help when contacting the Faults Team as the system should recognise you've tried the self help option. Best time to call is first thing on a morning at 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave

The box is truly broken - i.e. no lights, noises etc.   The automated phone help ran a test and told me to turn the box on - the problem is it is plugged in and the on switches are in the right position - its completely dead do off course doesnt respond to a remote test!

Nigel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The automated services can be a blessing and a curse. In this case, there's no way it can tell between a box that's not been switched on (therefore fixable with instructions) and one that won't switch on. You may need to complete the diagnostics, potentially hang up and redial immediately, whereupon the IVR should recognise that "remote support has failed", and put you in the queue.

0 Kudos