Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box broken?

Hi

I unplugged my tivo box and tv etc yesterday for decorating and now it won't turn on or any lights come on. At first a blue light was on on the right hand side of the box but then it went off and now it's not doing anything. There is a green light on the power adaptor though that stays on even when unplugged!!

Please help! Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box broken?

Double check you haven't accidentally flicked the switch at the back from On to Off. Also check that the cables are secure in both the box & adapter, the reason the light stays on when unplugged is just due to the length of time you've had it connected that it's holding charge, leaving it for a bit will see it properly discharge and the light will go off. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply... checked all that. Still nothing. 

Tried all combinations of turning things off and back on, unplugging and plugging in, different wires etc. . nothing. Pretty sure the tivo box is u/s... any advice on how to get it replaced?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will need to phone in and go down the faults option. Virgin Media eill then either send an Engineer or a replscement box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks... what are the chances of someone actually answering the phone, tried during the day yesterday to find out they had issues and couldn't do anything and now ive been on hold for half an hour waiting for an answer as well as last night... very very poor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately with the new year and such the department will most likely be busy, your best bet is either really early around 8am or waiting for a member of the Forum team to notice the thread and they can do further checks/book the tech.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bev13,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the TV issue. I can see you've since spoke to the faults team and they're in the process of sorting this for you.

Please keep me posted if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the responses, hopefully there'll be a new box here soon!

0 Kudos