Menu
Gully
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and ‘No catch up’

I have a Tivo box. The catch up service now does not work. It’s been poor for some time now - I’ve had problems since lockdown in March with the service failing after watching about 20 minutes into a programme but I did not make a complaint until May given Covid issues. Each phone call resulted in the same message - there are problems in my area and engineers are dealing with it - and then giving me a date when it will be resolved. It hasn’t of course. One call - to actually someone in the UK - told me that there is a lot of internet demand in my area ( probably new house building) and that the engineers are currently working on it. She then gave me another date for a fix. It wasn’t. I now cannot access the catch up service at all. Can’t be bothered to ring again to get fobbed off. Has anyone got any ideas other than to leave Virgin?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and ‘No catch up’

Are you getting any error messages when the VOD drops?

Which box do you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure - check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gully
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have a Tivo box. I do sometimes get an error message but I can’t remember what number it was. I usually just use BBC iPlayer which I’ve now just done and actually got 5 minutes of running before it crashed. The message from the bbc was ‘ I’m sorry something went wrong with this programme ....with a list of what to do... no error number. This is what I’ve been getting for months. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, and many issues with VOD on it are caused by this failing.

On the front-left of the box are a series of green lights. Second from left is your internet/online light and should be on solidly. Does It ever flash?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gully
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can’t quite believe this but I’ve been watching iPlayer now for about 20 minutes and it hasn’t failed! The response from the remote is sharp and quick as opposed to the sluggishness that I’ve been experiencing. I was told that it will be an internet issue as you suggest. So I’ll keep a look out for any flashing light when it fails again - and I am confident that it will! I’ll return to this message when it goes again.

0 Kudos