Menu
ZinG
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 Box Green Screen of Death

Hello

My downstairs V6 box has had a clicking noise for a few days (which I am sure is the hard drive failing) today whenever you try and start it we end up in a loop of trying to start up then a green screen saying it is going to check to recover from a serious fault and will take three hours

TiVO_green_screen.jpg

It then reboots trys to start hangs on the start up screen click a little and then repeat green screen.

Can a replacement just be sent out to swop it? Or have we got to have an engineer visit?

Just to note it isnt a network issue or anything like that as the other v6 box (upstairs) works fine and has been tested downstairs too just to see

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 Box Green Screen of Death

Your box's hard drive has failed, this will need a replacement box.

Chances are, this can be done using the Quick Start service and shouldn't need an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ZinG
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most definately the hard drive left it unplugged all night after hours trying to sort itself and now get a high pitched whine off the hard drive trying to work and fails to start and back to the green screen

0 Kudos
ZinG
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does nobody look at these forums from virgin anymore?? Would really like to progress this terminal fault on if possible

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi they do but it may take 3 or 4 days for a virgin person to respond. Regards Micky
ZinG
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up I rang and already got a replacement on its way to swop out

0 Kudos