Menu
AndrewSaint
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Travail

Edinburgh

3 April 2017

I have recently signed a new 12-month contract with Virgin. That I perhaps did this against my better judgement became apparent when from Thursday of last week to Monday of this week, access to the "catch up" and "my shows and recordings" service was often intermittent and unavailable for long periods.

On dialling 150 all we got was a recorded message about a "very complex" technical problem affecting subscribers in the EH12 postal district.....with no ability to seek clarification of the issue from a real live representative. This is not the first time we have experienced similar service interruptions and to make matters worse this latest episode was the longest period yet.

Consequently I would like to know if and how Virgin intends to compensate customers for this greatly diminished service extending over five days.

I don't really like the idea of posting this on a public forum but the only alternative is to take pen to paper and address a letter to the Virgin HQ in Swansea which, on past experience, may take a month or more to reply. It seems crazy that a digital company does not facilitate personal correspondence by e-mail, especially as they are happy to accept digital signatures (by e-mail) for new contracts!

0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Travail

You will get no compensation via this forum, and quite frankly I doubt you will have much luck. Currently on demand and catch up problems appear so widespread VM are not going to want to compensate everyone.

Put pen to paper and you may get lucky.
0 Kudos