cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Not connecting to Virgin Media Service

rajc3178
Tuning in

My Tivo box is c10 years old and has stopped connecting to the Virgin Media Service automatically. 

The Setting page shows that the Next Attempt is 02/09 regardless of when the last connection was made. 

The box connects successfully when manually triggered and it is connected to the Internet via a 3ft Ethernet cable into the Hub 3.0.

Impact is that TV Guide is not updating and I am unable to connect reliably to my V6 box on the same Home network, preventing streaming of recorded shows.

Streaming is fine from V6 when a manual triggering of the connection to Virgin Media Service has been made within the last couple of days.

Any suggestions or is it just an aged Tivo box that needs to be retired?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comparing your V6 and also checking your home broadband is irrelevant with a TiVo - they have an inbuilt internet connection. On the front-left of the box, check the light next to the heartbeat symbol. If this is flashing, the onboard modem has failed - the Ethernet is only used for multiroom streaming, not internet connectivity.

If manual connections are succeeding, but 02/09 is shown as the next date, that's not a good sign for starters.

To be fair, TiVo's are elderly now - report this as a fault and when the tech comes, they'll swap it for a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comparing your V6 and also checking your home broadband is irrelevant with a TiVo - they have an inbuilt internet connection. On the front-left of the box, check the light next to the heartbeat symbol. If this is flashing, the onboard modem has failed - the Ethernet is only used for multiroom streaming, not internet connectivity.

If manual connections are succeeding, but 02/09 is shown as the next date, that's not a good sign for starters.

To be fair, TiVo's are elderly now - report this as a fault and when the tech comes, they'll swap it for a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rajc3178, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you've had issues with your TiVo box not connecting recently.

From our end, it seems that the TiVo is well connected and service received as normal at the minute.

Could you please update us on how things look after your latest post?

Also, since the TV box connects via ethernet could you please let us know if another device or cable has been tested to the hub's port so to see if the issue comes from there?

Let us know more and we'll be here to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This fault was resolved by replacement of the TiVo box with a V6 one