cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo - No picture or sound

oz11
Tuning in

As above, the menus all display and work okay but every channel selected has no picture or sound, the program information box comes up okay when I change channels but nothing else 😞

6 REPLIES 6

oz11
Tuning in

Additionally, cannot phone 150 as the phone has no dial tone.

Hi oz11,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently without any picture or sound on any channel.

As you've advised the menu bar is showing, can we ask if you've performed a reboot of your box? This normally resolves any issues with sound/picture problems.

Can we also ask you to check your HDMI cable and make sure this is tight and secure. If you have a spare HDMI cable you could try this and an alternative HDMI port on your TV. 

We have checked form our end and there are no area fault affecting you currently, so if you're able to try the above first, that would be great. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

oz11
Tuning in

I have an update! Seems that it's a television problem as i have switched to a spare and that works okay, thanks Jodi.

Problem with no dial tone on home phone remains though.

Thanks for coming back to me oz11,

Great news on the TV side. Apologies that I totally missed your landline not working. 

Can we ask you to check the following:

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Please come back to me once you have done this and we'll take it from there.

Kind regards Jodi. 

oz11
Tuning in

Thanks Jodi, today the dial tone is back.

Brilliant news oz11,

Thanks for the update. If you need any further help, please pop back here and we'll do all we can to assist you further.

Have a lovely weekend.

Jodi.