Menu
HelenJG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo, Netflix and iPlayer

We have a V6 box in one room and a Tivo box in the other. Netflix and iPlayer through the TIVO are unstable. It is rare that a programme runs for more than 10 mins without freezing and we get the message telling us that the programme cannot be watched just now and saying we should try again later. The same services work absolutely fine on the V6 box. Please can this fault be fixed.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo, Netflix and iPlayer

Hi HelenJG,

The TIVO is an old box now and doesn't run apps as well as the V6, plus it has less apps available.

It may be worth your while speaking to regrades or retentions (thinking of leaving us) especially if you are out of contract, and renegotiating your current package and ask for a free swap to the V6

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade (or cancellations) to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,( either cancellations or changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or late afternoon around teatime

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Newapollo is absolutely correct to recommend a V6, but many issues with streaming on the TiVo are caused by the on-board internet failing. That's a fault.

Do you get any flashing lights on the front-left of your TiVo when streaming fails?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HelenJG
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I'll let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
IanDMiles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems with a TiVo biox on Netflix especially.

People have been recommending seeking upgrade to a 360 (though I see many users critical of other problems with it).

Anyway, how are you getting on? any experience/lessons to share?

Ian M.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@IanDMiles wrote:

I'm having the same problems with a TiVo biox on Netflix especially.

People have been recommending seeking upgrade to a 360 (though I see many users critical of other problems with it).

People would recommend a swap to a V6 which runs the same software as the TiVo but with much newer hardware, the 360 is an entirely new platform and proposition and still in relative infancy. Reviews at the moment are mixed.

I've also responded in your other thread here 

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IanDMiles
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this - I'll see if a V6 is available, if I can get a human to reply..

When I called 150 two days ago I was routed through various automated systems that eventually said they'd do a reset on the internet connection...  so far the hanging problem has not recurred (!) but we've only been watching Netflix for an hour or so at a time. 

all best

IM

0 Kudos
HelenJG
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone, many thanks for the replies. In the end I upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph package which includes up to a) 1GB broadband, b) a 360 + 1 mini box, plus 3) an unlimited SIM. (a) and (c) will be very useful, but I've had the new 360 box for a day now and there are some really nice features of the V6 box that are missing; however the new voice control is good. I would recommend you read the community TV 360 comments before taking the same route as me :). Thanks again.