Menu
Highlighted
patersp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - Green Screen of Death

Hi. Can somebody from Virgin please help to get me a replacement Tivo box? I have the attached green screen serious problem notification and the box has been rebooting in a loop all night, repeating the same error. Looks like an obvious hardware issue. I've tried calling 150 but I'm losing my patience with them as they insist on running numerous tests and trying to connect to the box even though I'm telling them it won't respond. It's broken!!!

After demanding a replacement they are now telling me their 'tools' are down and to call back.

Please could a nice kind person from Virgin arrange for a replacement to be sent (or an engineer if need be)?

Many thanks.TiVO_green_screen.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo - Green Screen of Death

Is it a Tivo or V6 ?

While you are waiting for the image to be approved.....

Have you checked for “known network faults” to see if there is a connection problem?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
patersp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box - Green Screen of Death

Cheers for the quick response. It's a V6 box (I've changed the subject). No problems in my area either.

It's making some nice clicking sounds so I'm guessing the hard drive has given up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patersp, 

Really sorry you're getting that naughty green screen, this is not what we like to see. 

We'll certainly need to take a closer look at your account and send an engineer or replacement box. 

I did try to have a look at this first but I can't access your account from here, so what I'll do is pop you a personal message asking for some details and then we'll take it from there.  

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for speaking to me patersp, 

Please let us know how the tech visit goes and we're around if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Patersp, 

How did things go this week? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos