cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Controller

Thorneyn
Joining in

Several YEARS ago I saw that a new Tivo controller was available with voice control. I ordered one but it never came. So i've still got the original rounded controller. Is tere a new controller available and is it better than the current one I have?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Thorneyn 

VM have never had a remote control with a voice function for either the original tivo or V6 box.

VM do however a newer system (TV360) which is based on the Horizon interface instead of tivo, and the TV 360  includes a voice control function.

You can switch to the newer 360 box (upgrade fee is currently £24.99) providing you also have broadband with VM.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you will be used to using the older tivo/V6 box as most of those are copyright to tivo. See <Here> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add - the TV360 system mentioned above is fundamentally not TiVo and is different to TiVo. A good comparison is to say that Android is different to Apple software on phones & tablets.

New customers don't get a choice in having TV360, existing customers who have TiVo or V6, can voluntarily convert but are not under an obligation to.

Anyone with a legacy TiVo could certainly benefit from having a V6, which runs on the same (much newer & quicker) box as a TV360, but with the same TiVo-software.

Whatever you decide, choose carefully.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Thorneyn wrote:

Several YEARS ago I saw that a new Tivo controller was available with voice control. I ordered one but it never came. So i've still got the original rounded controller. Is tere a new controller available and is it better than the current one I have?

If you had got the controller it would never have worked. These were produced for the USA market version of the hardware/firmware & not the one specifically developed for Virgin in the UK.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks