Menu
bs1
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

Can someone help, please, my box as the power light on, then all of a sudden all the front lights up and then goes to power light and 2 red lights, then back to just power light, I cannot switch it off using the switch or the remote, I have unplugged it a few times but it doesn't work, I know I read that it could be overheating if I had something on top of it, but I haven't.

Don't know what the version of the box it is but its at least7/8 years old.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

If your box won't switch on, it's faulty. I'd recommend calling Virgin to report that.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick reply, it's on all the time, to turn it off you have to unplug it when you go on your tivo box tv on your tv it says loading up but that never happens.  I just wondered if anyone else as had this problem before I spend hours on the phone to virgin.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@bs1 wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply, it's on all the time, to turn it off you have to unplug it when you go on your tivo box tv on your tv it says loading up but that never happens.  I just wondered if anyone else as had this problem before I spend hours on the phone to virgin.

You don't have to spend hours on the phone, you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

If you do choose to call then 8am on weekdays seems to be the best time to avoid the queues.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos