Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box won't start

TV was down yesterday. Rebooted, cables all in place.

Box clicks away as if trying to connect then reboots again. All lights come on at the front of box then go off. It appears to be a restart cycle. 

I have tried to test several times but does not proceed to stage 3.

Waiting times on phone and text a complete disaster!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box won't start

Any "clicking" sound that could be the hard drive is even more evidence.

The text message service can sometimes take a few days to respond. Staff on here are currently taking around a week to respond, I'd recommend persisting with the call queues, especially earlier in the day when they may not be as bad!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I got a text response saying it was an outage in my area. We will see.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no joy. Outage excuse now gone. Tried phoning. On hold for 63 minutes and then cut off. TV unavailable into 3 days now. Given up rebooting now. The ticking ng/clicking noise is annoying.

Really not impressed. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can try the text message service, on 07533 051809, which can take a couple of days to respond. VM staff respond on here, but it's currently taking around a week from the mot recent post.

I wish I could be surprised at your experience, but many others seem to be reporting similar of late.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Persisted with calling and finally got through this morning. A very helpful lady is sending a new tivo box.

Lessons learned - 1) Persist with calling no matter how long it takes. 2) The message service is a waste of time and effort for my issue. This service adds no value.

0 Kudos