Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box won't start up

Box is constantly rebooting, and never gets past 'Starting Up' . Lights flash across the front, including a purple one I've not seen before.

Have tried unplugging, and re connecting various cables etc, but no joy. In fairness, I suspect it may be upto 9 years old!

Anyone have any ideas on how it might get resolved, tech support seems incredibly busy.

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box won't start up

On the outside chance this is being caused by an area fault, try calling 0800 5610061 to make sure nothing's reported.

If not, you're going to have to be persistent & patient with calling faults... I suspect this will end with your box being replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts,

Went down the online help route in the end. They ran a system test remotely, discovered the box to be faulty, and are sending replacement. Pretty painless and no requirement to hang in a call queue, or even talk to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great! It's good to hear the automated system does work sometimes, and it's got the required outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there davvo,

Sorry about your TiVo box not starting up but pleased to hear that a replacement has been sent to you. Do let us know if you have further issues with it and make sure the replacement is activated 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos