Menu
ScottO
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box won't reboot

We have had problems with one of our Tivo boxes (8 years old), recorded progammes  kept stopping and we had to reboot to fix the problem.

The box now attempts to reboot but fails, it emits repeated  clicks as if it is attempting to access the hard disk but will not start up, also got serious error green screen message  . Probably need a new box?

I have  messaged Virgin and got past triage a couple of times but never got a response from the team. and don't want to sit on the end of a phone for hours.

Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box won't reboot

You certainly do need a new box.

Unfortunately, however bad the call queues are - they will almost certainly be the quickest way to get a replacement box arranged.

One of the forum team may be along soon and can potentially arrange this by exchange of PMs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsteve
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box won't reboot

I have exactly the same problem! Over 2 days now and box won't reboot, just green screen and message saying 'if not repaired after 3 hours, contact Customer Service. So I am. Wish me luck!!

0 Kudos