Menu
patrud
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box stuck for almost 3 weeks

I know Virgin were going to provide some free channels during this lockdown.  It seems an update was sent to my box and it has been stuck ever since.  I have tried unplugging everything, rebooting, etc... but it continually stay in the same state where it looks like an update is being applied and never ends.

So I have had no TV service for almost 3 weeks.  Also, it is not easy to contact Virgin Media to get this resolved.  The Website sends you in a pointless loop never offering the right option.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to offer some help if Virgin themselves are not capable!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Martin_LM
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box stuck for almost 3 weeks

Hi am sorry to hear that. please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME your account number and area number I can check your services and answer any other queries you may have. to PRIVATE MESSAGE me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
patrud
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any news?  I replied via DM and haven't heard anything back.  Been without TV service for about 5 weeks now.  I can't even complain as your complaints page fails once it is completed.

Getting extremely frustrated with no service and poor customer service!!

0 Kudos
patrud
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was going to watch the Prime Minister's lockdown speech this evening, but wait, I can't because Virgin Media have still not fixed my issue.  Have been without TV service since the beginning of lockdown.  Are you going to fix this Virgin Media?  

0 Kudos
patrud
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No TV service since start of lockdown

I have already raised a post.  I can't get hold of anyone at Virgin Media to fix my issue - since you applied an update to my set top-box at the beginning of lockdown, I have not had TV service from Virgin Media.  I have just received my bill and you are charging me for a service you are not providing.

I'm getting really frustrated now.  I filled out the survey you sent - no doubt nothing will come of that either.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV service since start of lockdown

I've merged your two threads. I can see you are frustrated but it would have been best to have kept all your posts together so we can follow the trail.

I'll ask the Forum Team to explain what is going on. Usually things are sorted more quickly than this.

If you have modern TV set you'll have built in Freeview. That would at least enable you to watch TV while this issue gets resolved?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos