Menu
tony0006
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box slow/crashes

I changed my subscription last year and had to send my V6 box back for some reason!!!

sent me an old tivo box looks like its from the 80s this style.

tony0006_0-1606571368217.jpeg

not knew looks second hand. this didn't bother me to much, it's never really been great, but over the last few months - its slow in response to anything you do. records whatever it likes. you can only record one channel and record another. 

I've had it with this box, takes forever to try and call virgin and when you get trough you can't understand them. 

you can no longer chat online or email. virgin are getting worse and worse. 

can these boxes be reset without losing the recordings....

If your part of virgin get in touch.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box slow/crashes

Hi tony0006,

A hard reset will delete your recording, as will a box replacement.

Do you have VM broadband?  The V6 needs VM broadband to work.  If you don't have their broadband that will be why the box was changed.

Since you changed subscription last year you are probably coming to the end of any discounted period, so it may be worthwhile calling up and speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a new contract and a free box swap, rather than just contacting the faults team for a replacement box .

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
tony0006
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Yes I have broadband and phone with them too. 

the reason they changed the box from my v6 was that my discounted contract had come to an end I I got a new 18 month contract with this old piece of crap. 

also broadband keeps dropping speed. someone phoned me from one of their call centres, I think it was India - but I couldn't understand a word they were saying.  

thanks for your replay Dave

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@tony0006 wrote:

I changed my subscription last year and had to send my V6 box back for some reason!!!

sent me an old tivo box looks like its from the 80s this style.

If you have VM broadband, and your V6 went faulty, then ordinarily it should be replaced with a V6, not a TiVo.

@tony0006 wrote:

can these boxes be reset without losing the recordings....

There's several levels of reset, under Home > help & Settings > Clear or reset my TiVo box - all have on-screen guidance as to what you will lose and how you do them.

The box has 3 recording tuners, and you should be able to record 2 programmes while watching a third channel, or record 3 at once. If you're not able to, something's wrong. But VM have never had an email contact, that's nothing new.

I'd recommend posting about your broadband issues in the broadband forum here - the regulars there are far more familiar with that side of things and very well qualified to advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos