Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box reboots every 30 minutes or so

My Tivo Box keeps rebooting every 30 minutes or so for the last 3 days. I've been onto VM's Service Status page and run the test (3 times now) and the result shows there is a technical issue with the TV Box. There seems to be no further way to progress this fault on the website. Through checking the community threads and the advice on the VM site I've left the Tivo box unplugged over night, checked all the connections and swapped HDMI connections. When the Tivo box reboots it goes through all the normal start up routines with the lights flashing as they should but then turns off and reboots again. I've phoned VM 5 times now and spent at least 30 minutes on 3 occasions waiting on the line not to mention spending a good couple of hours negotiating VM's website which to be fair is fairly useless if all you need is a replacement piece of kit. I've also documented all this and raised a complaint as there seems to be no other way to contact anyone at VM. The Tivo Box is obviously faulty and all I need is a new one sent out. Has anyone any idea how I can achieve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box reboots every 30 minutes or so

@Geedo wrote:

My Tivo Box keeps rebooting every 30 minutes or so for the last 3 days. I've been onto VM's Service Status page and run the test (3 times now) and the result shows there is a technical issue with the TV Box.

The automated service can be a blessing and a curse here.

It will try to run various remote tests and fixes - if certain boxes are ticked it can sometimes offer the option of an engineer appointment without your needing to queue. Sometimes this doesn't work, it forces you to redial and you can then bypass the "help" and queue for an agent.

Text message fault reporting (07533 051809) is available that takes a couple of days, and VM staff respond after about (currently) a week.

Persisting with the calling-through probably is the best option, all things taken. Just needs patience at the moment...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt reply japitts.

I re-ran the service test and this time selected a different option for the fault i.e, a blank screen and the test confirmed the Tivo Box was not working again. But this time I was then given the option to order a new box free of charge which was upgraded to the V6 and was duly delivered the following day.

It would help enormously though if Virgin Media had a call back option for customers. I've spent hours trying to resolve a faulty equipment issue and a simple call back would have sorted it in no time. I can appreciate call centres are busy during lockdowns but I've dealt with many companies during the two lockdowns and have had no problems speaking with someone.

Thanks again japitts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geedo, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. I am glad to hear that you have managed to get this resolved and the equipment arrived. please let us know if you need help with anything? Chris 

0 Kudos