Menu
jfs304
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box no longer working properly

Hi,

I'm a Virgin Media Broadband and TV customer. I've had a Tivo box for some time, but the interface is now extremely slow. Netflix is a painful experience, taking (I've counted) up to 5 minutes to sign in at a time. YouTube regularly crashes, especially once it reaches an ad, or it will continuously loop around a list of videos on a page and not respond at all.

Considering how much I pay for Virgin Media services, it's pretty shocking to realise that upgrading from a Tivo box to a newer V6 box would actually cost me extra. Is there any possibility of returning this clearly faulty TV box and being given a new V6 box in return? I see that other forum members have had this offered to them in the past. We use the TV a lot, but I don't feel we're getting our money's worth at present with such a slow, clunky, impossible-to-use box.

Dealing with Virgin Media customer service has always been a pretty difficult experience, so I'd rather not waste my time until I have a clearer answer. If a forum support agent wishes to contact me directly about this issue, that would be even better.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box no longer working properly

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the ongoing issues. 

Have you already tried rebooting the box, when doing so and switched off please check all the cables going between the Tivo box, the Hub and the TV are all securely in the correct ports. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
jfs304
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

I've tried various troubleshooting methods to resolve the issues I mentioned, including rebooting the box itself (this doesn't work). Judging from numerous forum posts on here, issues with the Tivo box aren't uncommon, especially trying to load and use Netflix, YouTube, etc. The issues are related to the age of the box - there just isn't enough memory to cope with the demand placed on it by using these third-party apps.

Ideally, we'd like to replace the Tivo box we have with a newer V6 box at no extra charge. Considering our monthly bill is around £90, I'd also love to see if this can be coupled with a new, better deal that matches our existing coverage, but upgrades our box and reduces our overall monthly cost, which isn't exactly competitive (considering the alternative options out there).

I've tried texting the phone number (0753 305 1809) to discuss this but, a week on, and I've still not had a response.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'll pop you over a private message so we can take a further look into this for you as a fault. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos