Menu
Wilb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box - constant picture distortion, had enough of this poor service

Have a Tivo Box (downstairs) which is constantly distorting all TV channels - both watching TV and recording.  Have rebooted several times and checked all the cables and even renewed the HDMI one - this problem still remains.  We have a V6 Box upstairs which works perfectly.

How do I get an engineer, how do I even talk to someone in the UK who understands the problem.,  - seems very difficult at present, cannot seem to get through to anyone at Virgin (most other companies are now running a reasonable Call Center service).  At the moment I am paying for a very, very poor service, perhaps its time to look into alternatives.  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box - constant picture distortion, had enough of this poor service

Picture breakup is indicative of a fault that's causing a poor TV signal, assuming you've restarted your box once. Sometimes if you can identify specific channels (including SD/HD) that are affected, it can help.

The best way to progress is to report it to VM - either by phone on 150 (or 0345 4541111). VM staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take a few days. Hence recommending calling through to C/S if at all possible as it will usually be quicker and progress faults sooner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wilb
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box - constant picture distortion, had enough of this poor service

That would be great if you could get through.  I am a long standing customer who is paying a lot of money for a very poor service.  I might be prepared to wait 5 minutes in a phone queue - 55 minutes, forget it!!  Will start looking at alternatives.  Virgin need to setup a fully staffed call centre within the UK that can immediately deal with any UK based issues.   I have the contacts of the Virgin Management Team and the CEO - I will ping them directly.

0 Kudos