Menu
acwright
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box buffering

"Normal" TV programmes, and those recorded, are fine

Broadband speed generally good

Watching catch up TV at peak times there is extreme buffering, (on all catch up services, BBC I Player, ITV Hub, Sky Comedy etc etc) .

Late in the evening I can watch the same programmes I could not at peak times(7 - 9pm 'ish)

Have tried re-setting and complete power off, switching back on after 30 minutes

Help !!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box buffering

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

The two boxes connect to the internet differently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
acwright
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo, we have a separate V6 Box upstairs, that doesn't seem to be having the same porblem

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah-hah......

Buffering VOD is indicative of the internet speed not being sufficient to support the streaming video, but...

The V6 doesn't connect directly but shares your home broadband via your homehub. If thats ok, then the broadband in your area is evidently fine.

The TiVo has an inbuilt connection separate from your home broadband, and in the past it used to use a separate section of the VM broadband network. (Docsis 1 vs Docsis 3) - I'm not sure if this is still the case.

It sounds like the broadband your TiVo has, might be in congestion at peak times while the broadband that all your modems (and by extension, your V6) use, is fine.

There's no quick fix for this (unless you wanted to swap your TiVo for a V6, that's another debate), the best you'll manage is for this to be confirmed either way. If there's a network fault causing this, then there may be a quicker fix.

I've raised this post for a second opinion by the VM forum staff. It may take a day or so for them to respond, but this should certainly expedite things either way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
acwright
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am still waiting for the promised response a week later !! As I have been with you for +20 years that's a little disappointing and clearly will need to look at going to another provider unless someone gets in touch please

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Acwright,

thanks for your post 
I am sorry to hear this, I can certainly take a look for you, I will pop you over a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos