Menu
ninety
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Picture Unwatchable

Hi,

My Tivo box picture is unwatchable with artifacts on the screen, skipping, slowing down and then speeding up the frame rate. This has happened a few times now, I've sought help on the website, a diagnostic says there is a fault and the suggestion of resetting the Tivo box does work for a few days, but it soon reverts back to being unwatchable. 

The picture faults are on every channel I watch, so several of them, and also appear in recordings.

The help section on the website has another section supposedly to click onto after I've tried the fix and clicked it hasn't worked, but the page to click through to isn't there resulting in a 404 error. I've tried on different devices, and browsers, so the missing page is the website's fault.

Please do not suggest I call the 'helpline' number for what will no doubt amount to a lot of hanging on for useless advice, I've been down that road before and refuse to waste hours of my time again. (For context here, I was without the internet for a couple of months due to an incompetent engineer, and the helpline was an extremely frustrating process that didn't help in the slightest. Constantly being told to reset the router and refusing to send an engineer out, once one eventually was sent they fixed it within half an hour, but I'd had no internet for over two months at that point, so my lack of faith in it should be apparent.)

I suspect my Tivo box may just be old and needing replaced as I've had it approx. seven years, and it was obviously not brand new when I got it.

Thanks in advance for any actual help I receive.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Picture Unwatchable

Assuming you've rebooted your box once, then it sounds like you either have a faulty box or a signal issue - it'll need VM intervention in either case.

You've asked us not to suggest calling faults, so your only remaining option is to wait on here for VM staff to respond. That may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ninety
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Any chance anyone could reply to this? Someone that works for Virgin that is, that may actually be able to help? 

I've tried calling on several occasions, but I've probably got more chance of winning the Lottery (which I don't play) than getting through, or not being cut off immediately.

I know it's an automated system but it's somewhat frustrating being sent a reminder email a week after the first one that there was a response which wasn't helpful. Some actual help/customer service would be more useful.

japitts - You say 'Assuming I've rebooted the box', I state in my original message that I've done so several times. I've had to continue doing so since my first post, and re-record, or delete recordings and miss shows that are unwatchable.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ninety, thanks for posting and sorry for the delay in responding.

I am really sorry to hear your TiVo service is becoming unwatchable.  I would like to help you resolve this.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos