cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box Model CT 8620 - Should it have access to ITVx App?

lwells9077
Joining in

I am going round in circles. ITVx (both the website and the ITVx help line) tell me that ALL models of Virgin Tivo Boxes support the ITVx app.  Virgin website says I have to have a V6 Tivo box. I have two Tivo boxes, both are CISCO CT8620. How can I tell if this model is a V6?   I do not have the ITVx app on either Tivo box. I am in England, however I appear to have the STV player app, which I understand to be the Scottish equivalent? I tried the Virgin Media whatsapp chat to ask how to get the ITVx app on my TIVO box but that was a total waste of time. Just got told there are no technical issues with my service (I never said there was) and to try rebooting the Tivo box.  And if my box doesn't support ITVx why have Virgin not replaced it with one that does? I pay an absolute fortune every  month for the package and I dont want to have to pay more. Anyone else experienced the same? 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lwells9077 wrote:

I am going round in circles. ITVx (both the website and the ITVx help line) tell me that ALL models of Virgin Tivo Boxes support the ITVx app.  Virgin website says I have to have a V6 Tivo box. I have two Tivo boxes, both are CISCO CT8620. How can I tell if this model is a V6?   I do not have the ITVx app on either Tivo box. I am in England, however I appear to have the STV player app, which I understand to be the Scottish equivalent? I tried the Virgin Media whatsapp chat to ask how to get the ITVx app on my TIVO box but that was a total waste of time. Just got told there are no technical issues with my service (I never said there was) and to try rebooting the Tivo box.  And if my box doesn't support ITVx why have Virgin not replaced it with one that does? I pay an absolute fortune every  month for the package and I dont want to have to pay more. Anyone else experienced the same? 

Hi @lwells9077 

The CT8620 box is the old Tivo box.  You can confirm which box you have by looking at the images on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

The TiVo doesn't have this app, alonmg with a few others due to memory constraints and is being actively retired and no longer issued to new customers.

There is still a lot of content available from ITV via catchup and on demand, as well as programming via the Scottish equivalent.

Information about VMO2 and the ITVX availability is  on the tv edit pages <<< here >>> 

"Customers with a V6 box, powered by TiVo®, a Virgin TV 360 box or Stream from Virgin Media can access ITVX at no extra cost."

If your Tivo develops a fault that can't be repaired then it will be swapped out for the newer V6 box, which runs the same Tivo software as you're used to, but on a much newer and faster box, providing you also have VM broadband. The old Tivo has an inbuilt modem, however the newer boxes rely upon internet access via VM.

You can request a box upgrade at any time, however you may need to pay an installation and/or an activation fee.

You could also negotiate a new contract and ask for a free switch to the newer V6 box as part of those negotiations.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lwells9077 wrote:

I pay an absolute fortune every  month for the package and I dont want to have to pay more. Anyone else experienced the same? 

If you do have a legacy TiVo, and are paying what you consider an excess price, then it suggests you've not renegotiated your bundle for a while.

In light of the current price increases, then reviewing your package with a view to having an upgrade to a V6, could well be worth a few hours of research.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks