Menu
GrandadStevo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Faults

Hi

I have been experiencing problems with my TiVo Box and wondered if anyone else has had the same issues. For some reason it keeps dropping off line, randomly, no pattern at all. It keeps messing up my recordings, tv on demand and anything I`m streaming. It tells me that I am not on line when other devices in the house are working perfectly. It gives me error codes, tells me to reboot and check the cables all of which I have done a tens of times, Its driving me crazy. I go round in circles on the phone and the website trying to contact someone at Virgin with out any luck. If its a fault with the box as I suspect it is, how do you actually get to speak to someone at virgin, its almost though they don`t want anyone to contact them. I`m considering leaving, thinking that might prompt some action from them.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on this matter .

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Faults

@GrandadStevo wrote:

I have been experiencing problems with my TiVo Box and wondered if anyone else has had the same issues. For some reason it keeps dropping off line, randomly, no pattern at all. It keeps messing up my recordings, tv on demand and anything I`m streaming. It tells me that I am not on line when other devices in the house are working perfectly. I

I could pick out some of your specific issues, but your box doesn't sound well.

Just to take two specifics - you mention about the box not being online when other devices work ok. Remember the TiVo doesn't use your home internet but has its own separate connection. Check the front-left of your box for any flashing green lights?

How do you mean "messing up my recordings"?

VM TV Faults are on 150 from your VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GrandadStevo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But getting hold of someone at Virgin is impossible. The waiting times are horrendous.

I messaged one of the moderators personally on this forum, but was told not to do so. My message was obviously picked up, but nothing has been done. 

The recordings are messed up because the box drops off line randomly, if that is when a recording is scheduled then the recording is missed. I know you can work your way around this with catch up, but that's only if the unit is online.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The waiting times are bad at times, yes - but everyone's in the same boat. Calls are being answered.

This forum isn't a direct alternative to calling in, I'm sorry to say.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GrandadStevo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

Not exactly impressed with their customer service though.

Regards

0 Kudos