cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo 500 box pixelating with recorded programmes

mcbrock
Joining in

Hi there

We have a Tivo 500 box and everyday there is pixelation/freezing/blocking and sometimes a pink screen with recorded programmes. Live TV appears to be OK but when using the remote to scroll up and down channels, there is a very long delay before it responds and we end up having to restart the box. The only error code that has appeared was C501 .

iPlayer also freezes and after about an hour of a film/programme the screen will go black and it reverts back onto live TV.

We've deleted programmes to free up space on the DVR and tried changing the HDMI cable but this hasn't fixed anything. I've checked for loose connections but they seem firm.

Could this be a faulty drive or could cables be a cause of these issues?

Any advice would be appreciated on what to try next.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mcbrock.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo box freezing and pixelating
I'd like to take a look into this for you. As it might be best to arrange a swap for one of our V6 boxes.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcbrock wrote:

Live TV appears to be OK

Could this be a faulty drive or could cables be a cause of these issues?

To confirm a hard drive issue, pause live TV for a short time and watch it delayed - this is also a recording and uses the HDD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks