cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo 1Tb

Iaindk
Joining in

HI,

Recently had a fault on my 1Tb Tivo - they have sent a 500GB model as replacemnet/self install.

Very unhappy with loosing 50% of my recording space overnight.

Spoke to "customer services" who tell me the 1Tb is no longer available and they can do nothing else.... 

So just basically like it or lump it.

Anyone know if this is corret/experienced the same?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been some cases of local stock issues causing this, but AFAIK it's been temporary and you can get the 1Tb model back once VM have one.

Do you have VM broadband? If you do, I'd seriously recommend swapping to a (1Tb as standard) V6. Identical software, but much newer & improved hardware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Any VM staff on here who can comment?

I've had what apparantly passes as a "reply" to my complaint - that fails to address the issue or to offer any resolution.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My previous response was intended to assist, and possibly drive you towards a good long-term solution.

Staff tend to respond on here in a couple of days, it's not a real-time facility.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Iaindk,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the TiVo 500 that you received.

We really appreciate @japitts for stepping in and providing you with some wonderful information about your potential options.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the response you've receiving in regards to your complaint. Has the team been in touch with you in regards to this recently? You can always track your Complaints via your online account on My Cases.

Can you please update us on this issue and if you've been in touch with the team recently? If so, what was discussed? 

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs