Menu
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivio Box Pixelation

My Tivio box has had some pixelation issues  recently. I also had those issues not so long ago but it got better and now it has got worse again. I'm thinking it might be an issue with the signal. is there a way anyone can check my signal online or would I have to give Virgin a call and ask them to come out? Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivio Box Pixelation

If reboots make no difference to picture breakup or pixellation, it means there's a fault somewhere and that's causing poor TV signal - unless that fault is fixed (cabling, connector, box, could be anywhere...) then it may vary but will never get "better".

The best way is to call VM and report it. Faults agents can do some basic checks of whether a box replacement or engineer visit is needed. Forum staff respond on here, but it can take anything from a few days to a week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Book engineer.

Hi I have been trying to get in contact with Virgin Media but I cannot get a reply on the phone as they never pick up. I need to have the coaxial cable replaced on my TiVo box as I found out that it's the reason for the pixlelation on my tv. Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book engineer.

@lukesturgess94 

I've merged your duplicate post into your existing thread 🙂

How have you "found out" that your pixellation is caused by a faulty co-ax cable? If it was a Virgin engineer, then they would replace whatever cable was deemed faulty.

C/S do answer calls, I know because I've spoken to them as have a couple of relatives recently. They do have lengthy queues at times, but sometimes you do just need to be patient in the current climate especially.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book engineer.

Because I have disconnected the wire then screwed it back in tightly and it fixed the picture for a few hours but then it started to pixelate again. I assume it's from that cable.

0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Box replacement

I had a phone call with Virgin Media last week to fix the issue with my TiVo box and they said that they would send me a replacement box which would arrived Monday but It has not arrived. It might be delayed but I'm not sure if it will even turn up as I have had no email or text confirming this.

0 Kudos