Menu
sarah151974
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TiVo

My TiVo box has decided to reboot itself normally it only takes a few mins and the standby switch goes from Orange to white, however tonight it is just flashing red then white, I have tried everything to reboot it to no avail, also been on the phone over an hour trying to get through and still on hold!!! Can anyone help me? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo

I can help you by saying what you probably don't want to hear...

It does sound like your box is ill, and potentially needs replacing, but you can't report it on here. You're going to need to call in, and be patient. Wait times do vary, and can be shorter in the morning and mid-afternoon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sarah151974
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Help!!!!

So I have had no V6 box since Tuesday, I rang Weds to he told I needed a new one, engineer booked for today to come and bring a new one, engineer arrives between 12-4 with NO new box, to be told that he wasn’t advised to bring one, I have literally just come off the phone with technical support after being on hold since 5.30pm to be told an area engineer will contact me within the next 48 hrs with and update as the reason the engineer didn’t bring a new box is because you are short of the equipment, if no one contacts me I will seriously lose it, oh and don’t bother sending me an invoice as I won’t be paying for it, because by the time the SE calls me I will have been a week without TV - thanks Virgin I am less than impressed by your lack of customer service!!! 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help!!!!

Hi sarah191974,

Sorry to see you are having problems getting a replacement V6.

I realise it's not much help but you can watch most channels using the TV Go app on a mobile/tablet or on a laptop/computer using a browser. 

services-support/apps 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@sarah151974 

I've merged your posts to keep them together.

Also, given that you've done everything right so far, I've escalated this to VM Forum staff for a response. I can't promise how soon they will respond, but they should do so.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sarah151974
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It doesn’t help at all as it’s not what I pay for, but thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
sarah151974
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarah151974,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the V6.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and have arranged for a new box to be delivered.

This should be with you in 3-5 working days.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
sarah151974
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex, I am guessing I won’t be invoiced for the almost two weeks of TV if it takes 5 days to arrive!! 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarah151974

To look into your billing issue I would need to take a closer look. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos