cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo to V6

flipflop104
On our wavelength

I keep being offered a 360 as "my equipment is old" (I have the original TiVo box).  While it still seems to work ok for the time being, I'm worried that it may be on it's way out and so am trying to frantically watch everything that's recorded on it so I can then take up the offer of new equipment (but am not quite ready yet).

Howver, I don't want the 360 - I would rather the V6 box so I still have the TiVo functionality.

How can I get the old TiVo replaced with the V6 when I'm ready, please?  As the email I keep receiving with a "click on here" buitton is just to change to the 360, not the V6. 

I'm happy to install it myself (can't be that diffiuclt surely?!) so just need to be sent the V6 when the time is right but don't know how to request it (and can't bear the thought of a phone call)

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @flipflop104 

The older Tivo box will be automatically replaced with a V6 for free if it develops a fault that can't be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Do I have to actually wait for it to conk out completely (and be without TV for the time it takes for a new box to be sent) as I feel it's already developing issues and I'd rather get it sorted before it's completely conked out?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flipflop104 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

As mentioned by newapollo, we would only be able to replace your TiVo box to a V6 when an unrepairable fault has been identified. Our teams would only be able to process an upgrade to a TV360 box, as the V6 boxes are no longer offered on our packages.

I've taken a look on our side, and your TiVo is currently within standard specifications and "good health". You've mentioned you feel it's developing issues, can you expand on what issues you're seeing and we'll do our best to help?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Sure. 

The issues are that it often switches itself off for no apparent reason and then takes ages to restart (says it's restarting and I sit for a few mins and then it goes off again and says it's restarting and I wait and it does this a few times before actually restarting - this is frustrating when a programme(s) is recording as you miss a portion of the programme(s)). 

It also, quite frequently, loses sound when changing channels (so you have to flick back to the previous channel and back again to get the sound) and when starting to watch a recorded programme (so I have to pause and play once or twice to get the sound back). 

It also pixelates a lot during live TV or recorded programmes, sometimes with the screen even stuck for a few moments and the sound ongoing (I am aware this was a recent issue with some Sky programmes but this has been going on for a good year or so and happens on ALL channels - I just assumed it was a "reception" problem and would rectify itself eventually, but I don't think it should have been going on for so long and I shouldn't have to put up with it really, and have purely put up with it as I can't bear to make a call to customer services).

I'm just worried that if it does conk out completely one day then we'll be without TV for a day or two, at best, before a new box is delivered and as sad as this may be, I don't think I could be without TV for a few days. 😁

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flipflop04 👋

Thanks for coming back with further information on this. Based on what you have said, this doesn't appear to be directly relating to the box, but more likely the cabling or connection coming into your property.

I'm going to send you a private message, so I can look into booking a Technician for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your Profile Picture and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ